Apple has once again decided to make a surprise to fans of their products in the new iPhone 5 to use a completely new type of SIM card called NanoSIM. In part, this was a forced step , as the new iPhone 5 has become thinner by nearly 20 % compared c 4S. In order to achieve such a reduction in thickness Apple had to completely rebuild the already mature technologies . 30-pin connector has been replaced by a more narrow and , as mentioned above, instead of the MicroSIM card was used a new format - NanoSIM.
To learn how to turn the standard SIM-card in the MicroSIM we
To do this you will need the following:
- Standard or MicroSIM card;
- the printer;
- A4 sheet of paper;
- double sided tape or glue;
Once everything is ready, do the following steps.
- Print out the attached template to cut in PDF format. Print it should be on a piece of A4 size at 100% . It is not necessary to use a color printer for printing , as in our example . Suitable any black-and- white.
- After the pattern is printed with adhesive glue or double-sided adhesive tape thin SIM-card to the appropriate template. If you cut a standard sim-cards , it will be the average template MiniSIM (2FF) to NanoSIM (4FF). If there is a cut MicroSIM card , it needs to be fixed in the bottom pattern with the inscription MicroSIM (3FF) to NanoSIM (4FF). Clipped edge simkarty allow you to not make a mistake and the only place it in the right way .
- Wait a while until the glue dries and otchertite according to the pattern line, which will cut the card.
- Separate taped a map of leaf pattern and scissors, carefully cut the SIM-card on marked lines.
When cutting the usual SIM-card will have to cut it on the contact plate . There is nothing wrong , and the functionality of the card will not be affected , since the chip takes up much less space and will not be affected . In the case of reducing the MicroSIM cut contact plates do not need to , because the cutting line will be close to their borders.
Here is the three card-size: MiniSIM, MicroSIM and NanoSIM.
- The resulting slightly rounded angles with sandpaper or trim them carefully with scissors.
According to the specifications of the type of card NanoSIM thinner simkarty other types of 0.09 mm. In practice, the difference is practically imperceptible . But if you come up with that trimmed simkarty tightly enters the slot in the phone that you can try to remove the excess microns using all the same sandpaper .
Please note that there is always a risk during circumcision SIM-card to get out of the working simkarty inoperative.
But in general everything goes successfully and make nano sim card completely not difficult.