The desire to decorate your home characterizes our ancestors and our contemporaries. Images that are usually chosen for the decoration receive their completion in the form of a frame , if they have an obvious artistic value. Our ancestors , it was just , decorative border on the wall or page picture book . Depending on the significance expose on display masterpiece and the taste of the owner , the frame is made from a conventional wooden or plastic profiles or moldings , rich in decorative patterns and inlaid with gold .
Baguette harmoniously framed oil painting on canvas ; tapestries and feature embroidery and cross stitch ; panels made of suede , leather, fur ; batik ; artwork made of gypsum and salt dough . For photographs , watercolors , gouache or pastel paintings , graphics frame will be closely . They need air around the image and protection from external influences . Here we can not do without a mat !
What is the mat
If literally from French - " passing around " .
- simple (photograph or drawing is pasted on a piece of cardboard greater magnitude inserted into the frame);
- Cut (Image is inserted in a hole cut out in the middle of 5mm smaller than the size of the figure, which is stuck behind the board);
- three-dimensional (thickening rims mat creates the illusion of depth and perspective).
- classic, made in white and gray scale with a strong frame, on the principle of contrast or similarity;
- French, made of paper, medium density colors pitch pattern background;
- English mat, characterized by increasing or decreasing the thickness of the board by building on the edge of the picture or vice versa.
What is the artistic merit of the mat?
Passepartout, expanding the visual space around the image, emphasizes the benefit of his dignity, increases the brightness of colors by neutral white field. It creates a mood, with an emphasis on elegance graphic image. Advances artwork to the fore, or gives us the opportunity to look at it as if through a window. Passepartout help to unite into a single composition works of different authors, on a wall or highlight the features of each product. Passepartout successfully corrects the shortcomings in our view, which aggravates the lower part of any image. Therefore, increasing the bottom margin, when you create a vertical composition, or the side at the horizontal, we make an amendment to the visual perception of the product.
Why can not you do purchase-frame with a mat?
Simply because each of our idea of a standard mat does not pick up. Creativity generates creativity. We made an interesting collage - took a special mat, conjured with pieces of fabric applique - do the right mat. So there is an urgent need to make your hands that may be possible to order and in the studio, but for a lot of money. And in the process of initiative it revealed that the mat itself can be decorated, giving it a children or a romantic flavor, use a cloth and thread, blending techniques and embossing.
How to make a mat for drawing their own hands
To produce a piece of cardboard required 3mm , preferably white ( mastered the technique will have to choose the color of your choice ) . Rubber adhesive photo stand dedicated to , or tape . Paper knife , pencil , ruler (metal ) . Fine sandpaper or a nail file . The algorithm operation is as follows :
- Harvested from a sheet of mat board, calculate its size pattern: h S 5cm and 5cm, if you want the pattern between the frame and the field was wide 4cm.
- The harvested a piece of cardboard find the middle and on the basis of the starting point of building a rectangle with sides 1 cm smaller than your drawing.
- Gently knife for papers, sliding on a metal ruler, cut out the middle, and the roughness of sanded cut inside the window.
- Measured from the sides of the window 0.5 cm and draws a thin line rectangle.
- Incised corners of the window at 45 degrees to the corners of a rectangle traced.
- Pencil lines around the window using a ruler, with light pressure, barely touching, holding a knife, taking care not to cut through the cardboard.
- Is folded edge of the box by incised lines.
- C back of the substitute image and fasten it to the cardboard (glue, angles, tape).
- You can do embellishment mat, but better - simply insert into a suitable frame.