Liquorice ( licorice , licorice ) - a perennial plant , which has a strong root system . The most popular are two types of plants : Ural licorice and liquorice . Both types - the source of the root, which has long been used in food , cosmetics and medicine. Licorice grows as a weed in fields and along roadsides . About the medicinal properties of licorice people were known in prehistoric times.
The composition of the licorice root:
- steroids (anti-inflammatory action is performed);
- glucuronic acid (removes toxins from the body and eliminates toxins and is therefore widely used licorice for the treatment of intoxication);
- ascorbic acid;
- essential oils;
- flavonoids (antispasmodic action is carried out by eliminating capillary fragility);
- saponin, glycyrrhizin (increases the secretion of the glands, so that licorice root is a diuretic, laxative and expectorant);
One of the main features of the root is the ability to effectively resist pathogens - staphylococci and mycobacteria.
Licorice root is well regulated water-salt metabolism.
Syrup of licorice root are usually prescribed for the treatment of gastritis, gastric ulcers, tracheitis, acute and chronic bronchitis.
- 4 c.
- Add 10 gr.
- Store in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator.
The course of treatment is usually 7 to 10 days , but it depends on the individual characteristics and disease. Doses , duration of the course and the need for its repetition must define a doctor. Syrup of licorice root - thick liquid of dark color , sweet taste , has a peculiar pungent odor.
Adults are usually given to make the syrup three times a day for one teaspoon.
Children under 2 years are 1-2 drops of syrup, which is diluted in a teaspoon of water , 3 times a day . Kids need to give the medicine with caution , talking to your doctor . Do not forget that alcohol is present in the syrup . Kids ( 2 - 6 years ) appoint 2-10 drops 3 times a day. Babies ( 6 - 12) necessary to give a syrup 50 drops diluted in warm water , three times per day. Children ( under 12 years ), take half a teaspoon of syrup diluted in a teaspoon of warm water , 3 times a day .
Please note that the syrup has its contraindications:
- are allergic to components of the preparation.