Diagnosis of pelvic organs is performed in order to timely detect many diseases and to begin treatment at an early stage of development . Women may examine the uterus , bladder , epididymis and determine pregnancy using ultrasound diagnostic of small pelvis . Men may examine the prostate and bladder. Pelvic ultrasound done with the help of sensors , one directed to the abdominal area , the other - vaginal, it is suitable especially for fat people get a clearer result.
Indications for pelvic ultrasound:
- suspected pregnancy;
- pathology of early pregnancy;
- multiple pregnancy;
- clarifying the place of the ovum (in the cervix, uterus, tubes);
- endometriosis, fibroids;
- identify cancerous tumors and precancerous signs;
- ovarian pathology;
- improper functioning of the internal genital organs;
- Education in the pelvis;
- complications following childbirth or abortion;
- diagnosis of internal genital organs to detect abnormalities.
For the detection of gynecological disorders, pelvic diagnosis should be done 1 time in ayear or two.
To perform this procedure, you will need: enema, clean water - 1-1.5 liters and diet.
- If you have assigned through the abdominal ultrasound region, it is necessary to pre- prepare the body for optimum performance and results. A week before the test stick with the diet , as the intestines and the stomach does not have to be filled ;
- From food give preference to milk and milk products . Products that cause flatulence : bread, meat , bakery products - do not use 7 days before the ultrasound. The day before the diagnosis, drink only milk drinks , and mandatory to do an enema in the morning and evening ;
- If you have a diagnosis will be held with a vaginal probe , then in addition to sparing diet do a cleansing enema . In the morning , the day of the survey do not forget to do an enema . Be sure to take a liter bottle of still water , you'll need to drink an hour before the ultrasound. Diagnosis start doing on -filled bladder, and then on the empty ;
- For a survey of men using transvaginal and transrectal probe method.
- If you go for ultrasound pregnancy after diagnosis may tell you the exact date of pregnancy. This diagnosis allows for the study of the internal organs of the fetus , after which it will be clear whether to keep the pregnancy or not.