Beautiful life is inextricably associated with a beautiful meal. If you continue with the association, the sweet life - a world of exquisite sweets, among which one of the notable places necessarily take croissants. At the same time, and beautiful, and delicious, they are reminded of the infinite happiness: breakfast in the heart of Paris, a cozy cafe table, coffee and a croissant. However, in recent years, and croissants can be enjoyed far beyond the city of lovers and even to buy in the grocery store near the house. But if so, then it is better to prepare a home croissants: fresh air with your favorite filling. Or without - as in this French patisserie.
Croissants considered to be a symbol of French pastries, but in fact they were invented in Austria in the XIII century. The French have tried them only at the end of the XVIII century following the example of the beautiful Queen Marie-Antoinette, who since then and is considered the founder of the classical style, with croissants. Par
French croissants are often made without the filling. This bagel is convenient that while eating you can choose to taste filling, cut along the croissant generously smeared his lower half and cover the top with oil. As a rule, the "empty" croissant large enough, and it lay ham, cheese, boiled egg - that is unsweetened supplements. This method is good for a leisurely breakfast or tea and a snack on the run more convenient croissants with fillings. They are often smaller in size, the length of the smallest bagels does not exceed 5 cm. Mini croissants stuffed with mostly sweet fillings: chocolate croissants, croissants with cream, croissants with condensed milk, croissants and jam ... With regard to the filling there are no strict rules, so even biggest original can find or make a croissant to your taste with your own hands.
You can not say about the test for the croissants. To meet the standard, it must be a multilayer, light and air in the middle, soft and slightly greasy. The crust on the surface - the finest, but ruddy and crisp. To achieve this result, you must strictly adhere to the proportions of all the ingredients and not break their sequence of mixing. Technology dough, shape of the product, the temperature of baking - everything matters. Therefore, we will explain in detail how to cook real croissants at home on the example of the traditional recipe unfilled croissants. All other options, filled and unfilled, will get you easily if you learn the basic recipe of French croissants:
- Ingredients: half a kilo of wheat flour, 200 grams of butter, 125 grams (half a cup) of milk, 125 grams of water, 50 grams of sugar, 20 g yeast, 2 large eggs 2 teaspoons salt.
- Milk and water cool.
- Chilled milk, dilute with water, add one egg into the liquid and mix.
- In the flour with yeast put salt and sugar, pour the milk and egg.
- Then shift the dough on a table or chopping board.
- With a sharp knife make on top of the cross- cut test (like a loaf of homemade bread ) . Cover the bowl with cling film . Put it in the refrigerator overnight , that is 5-6 hours . In an extreme case , if the time is not so much hold the bowl with the dough in the cold at least 2 hours.
- At the end of the test, an increase in the amount passed on to the table, lightly floured.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator and quickly remove it from the packaging, not warming the hands. Put the cake of oil between two layers of the food film or cooking parchment. Give a piece of butter with a rolling pin flat shape , pressing it and rolling . Achieve the thickness of the oil layer is not more than 1 cm .
- Not touching the oil warm hands, to shift it on the rolled out dough - exactly in the middle of the formation.
- The free edges of the dough, cover the oil so that it turned in a kind of "envelope."
- This envelope roll a rolling pin in one direction.
- Remove the dough and rolling pin.
- Repeat rolling and cooling the test two more times (a total of 4 to happen cycle).
- When the dough is cooled last, fourth, take the remaining egg and break it into a small bowl.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on the table.
- With a sharp knife, cut all the bumps on the edge of the reservoir to test is a perfectly flat rectangle.
- Each half with the help of cross-diagonal cuts divide into equal triangles.
- Each triangle fold as follows: the two sides hold the base of the triangle and wrap towards the third corner. Do not twist too tightly . During twisting slightly stretch the edges in opposite directions.
- Put the croissants on a baking sheet , the laid baking parchment. Keep the distance between them , so they are not stuck with the proofing . Cover with a dry towel ( to test the surface has dried up ) and place a maximum of two hours in a warm place .
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C.
How to bake croissants at home
Recipe croissants , described in the previous section , borrowed in professional bakery. But to follow it at home is difficult enough : long and troublesome. For home baking croissants can be on another simplified recipe. It does not use yeast and require much time for kneading . But the result is no worse than with a yeast dough , and at the same time for those who wish to avoid eating yeast. Try to cook at home croissants from Puff pastry :
- Ingredients: 1 cup of wheat flour, about 65 grams (a third of a pack) of butter, a third glass of carbonated water, 1 egg and a pinch of salt.
- Oil refrigerate until solid.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add salt and water.
- Put the dough on the table, pripylenny flour and roll out the layer in the form of a rectangle 3-4 mm thick.
- Oil grate and evenly distribute the oil on the surface of the test chip.
- Fold the dough in half and in half again roll.
- Remove the dough, put on the table and roll.
- Cut the dough into triangles convenient size.
- Cover the pan with paper baking and put him bagels at a short distance from each other.
- Lightly beat the egg and brush the surface of their croissants.
With regard to the content of the test, that is filling, it is the easiest and pleasant stage of baking croissants. If you decide to bake croissants with fillings, then place it on the bottom of each dough triangle before the roll up of a bagel. As a rule, enough tea / dessert spoon filler to obtain yummy. A larger amount of filling can climb out during baking. Well, that was put into the baking depends only on your taste and imagination. Offhand recall such popular options for filling croissants:
- Croissants with chocolate.
- Croissants and cheese and / or ham . Cheese varieties need to rub , white cheese - crumbled . You can use feta , mozzarella , suluguni and even cheese. Cream cheese is better not to bake , cut and spread on a croissant empty . Ham cut into small cubes .
- Croissants with fruit.
- Croissants with marmalade.
- Croissants with jam.
- Croissants with condensed milk.
- Croissants with cheese.
- Croissants with cinnamon.