you want to throw at the computer data from a flash card, insert it into USB-port and ... nothing happens.A computer or laptop does not see the stick, and in this article we'll tell you why the flash drive can not be determined, and what to do with it.
1. Hardware causes
If the flash drive is not detected, the first should be to confirm or deny the hardware reasons - USB-connector failure or malfunction of the stick.How to test it?When you connect the USB drive to a working port defective indicator light flashes stick.If the indicator blinks - then with the stick and the port is all right, the problem must be sought in the depths of the operating system.If not - the problem with the USB flash drive or port.
Most USB flash drive is not recognized if you connect it into USB-port on the front panel of the system unit.Sometimes these ports are simply not connected to the power supply, and you do not know it.Sometimes the front ports are not getting enough food.Try connecting a USB flas
Sometimes USB-device does not have enough power, which is why your PC or laptop does not see the stick.This happens when excessive overcurrent into USB-port or USB-Hub, a faulty power supply.May lack power because of too much stick (this problem is most frequently observed in older models of laptops).In this case, do nothing will not succeed.When connected to a computer at the same time too many peripheral USB-devices, it also could not see the new device.Try turning off unnecessary at this point the device and plug the USB flash drive again.
3. Faulty flash drive
Then, if the flash drive is not recognized, the problem is most likely not in port but in the flash drive.Try connecting to another computer, or even several.If the flash drive is not working on other PCs, it is definitely faulty.It is better to take it to a specialist.It is often possible to fix the stick, only it is likely that the cost of the repair will cost more.So it is necessary to resort to the repair, if you absolutely need to recover data from a flash drive, in other cases, it is often easier and cheaper to buy a new one.
4. Settings BIOS
If the flash drive has appeared intact, the problem is most likely in the operating system and its settings.For example, if you do not enable USB support in the BIOS, the computer does not see the stick.
If the BIOS settings are all right, when you connect a flash card system may issue an error message ("USB device not recognized"), but instead Safely Remove Hardware icon appears yellow exclamation mark.There could be several reasons.
5. USB flash drive letter is assigned to busy
common problem - you connect the USB drive the operating system assigns the letter already mapped drive (often this happens when you use a network drive).
How to fix this problem:
- Go to the Control Panel (Start - Control Panel).
- In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools Computer Management, and in the left part of the window - Disk Management.
- In the right part of the window should appear the list of installed drives, among them should be and stick.
- Select stick section, right-click and select the context menu "Change Drive Letter and Paths."
- Choose a letter that is not yet assigned to any drive in the system, and click OK.
- also part of the computer does not see the stick if the required drivers are out of date or missing.Can help update the drivers for your motherboard.Check your motherboard model is possible by means of the program Everest.All drivers need to be downloaded only from the official site of the manufacturer!Installation of suspicious driver can harm your computer.
6. Do not install the driver for USB
it happens that a computer driver is not installed, so the computer does not read the flash drive.How to verify this guess:
- Go to Device Manager (Start - Control Panel - Device Manager).
- The list of devices get Controllers USB.
- If the computer does not find drivers for the stick, in front of one or more USB-devices will be a yellow question mark.
In this case you need to remove the device and then reinstall it.Sometimes you have to go to extremes, and delete all drivers for the controllers USB.The next time you restart your computer the operating system prompts you to install the USB controllers automatically.However, without the need for this method is better not to use it.
7. Viruses system
Sometimes the cause may be a virus in the system.Then you need to scan your computer for viruses and remove infected files.If you can not afford to buy a paid antivirus software, do not worry - the range of free antivirus is very broad, and one of them will help you deal with the problem.
8. The computer does not read the file system
Another possible reason for that laptop or desktop computer does not see the flash drive - this is a conflict of file systems and computer flash drive, but what to do in that case?This occurs most often when the file system is the stick - FAT.Try to format the USB-device, selecting when formatting the file system FAT32 or NTFS - can help.
As you can see, a clear answer to your question is no.Authentication problems may be both hardware and software character, so in each case, you must try all possible causes.