course, from the variety of free e-mail programs, you can not choose the best and the worst - this is largely a matter of taste and habits.We just tell you about some of the programs , to you it was easier to make a choice.
free mail client from the developers of the popular Firefox browser is quite in demand, especially among users of the browser from Mozilla.Key Features mail client Mozilla Thunderbird following :
- protocol support POP3, IMAP, SMTP, NNTP, RSS;
- cross-platform (there are versions for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, as well as third-party build for OS \ 2, OpelSolaris, Solaris and FreeBSD);
- «smart" spam filters with manual training;
- high speed and safety of work;
- ability to create virtual folders and storage of the same letter to multiple folders;
- simple and intuitive interface;
- ability to customize the interface "for themselves" and install new themes;
- the ability to install extensions, significantly altering the functionality of the program.
email client Opera Mail is built into the browser Opera, so the first thing it is for those who prefer to use just this browser.The boasts Opera Mail ?
- protocol support IMAP, POP3, SMTP, ESMTP, newsgroups, news feeds NNTP, RSS and Atom;
- special interface for better integration with the browser;
- automatic and trainable spam filter;
- automatic sorting of letters on various parameters;
- feature to minimize traffic;
- ability to use formatting while writing a letter;
- preview news feeds;
- built in contact manager and the IRC-client.
Initially, this email client open source software developed for Linux, but now there are versions for other platforms, including those for Windows.Key features Evolution - is :
- cross-platform (originally written for Linux, but there are build under Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X);
- support for the most common mail protocols - POP3, IMAP, SMTP - authentication protocol over TLS;
- built in spam filter;
- reading function newsgroups;
- connectivity to the servers GroupWise and Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003;
- address book (contact manager);
- planning system time;
- calendar notes.
This email client was developed for OS Windows.As the functionality it is slightly inferior to the more popular counterparts, but for home use is not critical. Key features Foxmail :
- protocol support POP3, IMAP and SMTP, the ability to send emails without SMTP-server;
- system filter incoming messages (based on Bayes algorithm);
- ability to create and edit templates are new messages;
- RSS-aggregator for reading news feeds;
- integrated into the interface of the program address book;
- built-in calendar (starting with the seventh version);
- opportunity to set a password for your account;
- Manager of letters (the ability to manage messages on the server).
email client Koma-Mail is designed for 32-bit versions of Windows.Despite some shortcomings (for example, the absence of built-in wizard account creation), it can also be quite convenient. Key features are its :
- protocol support IMAP, POP3, SMTP and WebDAV;
- simple and intuitive graphical interface translated into 23 languages (including Russian);
- encoding support Unicode and Windows-1251;
- export and import of RSS and data;
- portable version for use with portable storage devices;
- highly reliable anti-spam filter and a user;
- use a secure connection SSL;
- ability to create and use multiple accounts in a single session to operate two or more mailboxes.
As you can see, any email client has a set of required basic functions (support for popular protocols, spam filtering, address book), so the choice depends largely on from the convenience of one or another mail program for you personally .