Free vector editor Inkscape - that's a worthy alternative to paid programs.
To begin remember what vector graphics and why do we need vector editors.Simplistically, a vector graphics format stores data differently than raster formats while Rastova file is a fixed-size array, consisting of pixels, vector stores only descriptive information about the objects (points, lines, splines, and polygons).
When using vector graphics reduces file size, which is important when you publish images on the web. In addition, SVG - the main standard used in vector graphics - lets you resize images without loss of quality (not for nothing that the abbreviation SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics - Scalable Vector Graphics).Therefore vector files respond well to compression , and Vector universal use: they can be applied even for a cup, even on outdoor billboards.
Free vector editor Inkscape is functionally similar to the known toll editors (already mentioned CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator).Inkscape supports the SVG features include shapes, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, textures and grouping.This makes it very convenient and powerful tool for creating images that are fully compatible with the standards of XML, SVG, and CSS.
Inkscape is used for the development of logos, business cards, posters, to create technical illustrations, for Web graphics. Among the features editor Inkscape are the following:
- the familiar tools of graphic editors, such as the "box", "ellipse", "isolation", "scale", "Bezier curves", "text", "gradient", "pipette "and so on. etc .;
- tool "parallelepided" with the ability to edit a simple - to create the box in perspective;
- tool "calligraphic pen" with the support of the tilt and pressure sensitivity of the stylus when using a tablet - for serious calligraphic works;
- possibility of analytical tasks curves;
- Editor document XML-code, which allows access to is not supported in the GUI parameters;
- boolean objects.
Free vector editor Inkscape works with operating systems Windows, and family systems Linux.This makes Inkscape is very convenient.
Inkscape is constantly improved and refined - working on it fans the editor.In Inkscape has its own community, the developers have created a number of useful lessons for training Inkscape, reference documentation.
Inkscape - a great free vector editor and if you use free software in their work, the Inkscape - just for you.