Start Select the monitor should be to select its type.There are two basic types of monitors:
- CRT monitors (CRT - Cathode Ray Tube)
- LCD monitors (LCD - Liquid Crystal Display)
CRT monitors are implemented on the basis of CRT and CRT have similar TV.CRT monitors are considered obsolete today and selling them almost impossible to meet.LCD monitor, in turn, is implemented on the basis of a liquid crystal matrix, and thanks to its minimum thickness gained immense popularity.Due to the fact that CRT monitors are old, consider the only LCD monitors.
first thing almost everyone pays attention, is, of course, diagonal size monitor .The modern market offers a variety of op
How to determine your desired size diagonal monitor? In principle, the approach is quite simple.It is necessary to take into account the purposes for which you take the monitor.For office work or work at home, enough square monitor with a diagonal of 19 inches.But if you want to watch movies on your computer, then go ahead and choose a bigger monitor - 22-24 inches in diagonal.However, remember that the larger the monitor, the greater the distance between you and the monitor while working with him.
However, the quality of the selected monitor does not depend only on the size of its diagonals.Here are some important features , determine the quality of the monitor:
- type matrix. TN (TN + film) - the oldest and the cheapest of the existing types of matrix.The main distinguishing feature of matrix TN - fast response time.The smaller the response time, the monitor will respond to changes in images.This feature of TN matrixes will be particularly useful if you choose a monitor for gaming.Matrix IPS differ from TN improved color rendition, but much slower.Monitors matrix MVA / PVA have increased viewing angle and higher contrast compared with TN or IPS-matrix, the colors more saturated and bright, but the response time of the two previous matrices inferior types.Thus, such monitors are not suitable for dynamic games, but are suitable for drawing works.
- refresh rate. Refresh Rate - This parameter is responsible for changing the frequency of the image on the screen per second, measured in hertz.The higher the refresh rate, the less noticeable to the human eye is a change of image and thus less eye fatigue.On the low refresh rate of the monitor shows the characteristic flicker.Sufficient refresh rate in modern monitors is considered in the frequency of 75-80 Hz for LCD monitors and 100 Hz CRT monitors.
- resolution. Screen resolution - a parameter that describes how you can get a detailed image on the monitor.Simply put, this option is responsible for the number and size of pixels, the pixels in which the image is built and on the screen.The smaller the pixels and the greater their number per unit surface area of the screen, the clearer and more detailed picture is obtained on the monitor.
- Brightness / Contrast. brightness of the monitor is the highest possible level of white in the center of the screen, and the contrast - the ability to monitor the matrix to provide a deep black color.The higher value of these parameters, the better monitor.
- Angle. Modern LCD monitor viewing angle of the monitor is determined by the ability to transmit images without distortion when looking at the monitor from different angles.The viewing angle both vertically and horizontally above the less distorted image when you look at it not directly, but at an angle.
- response time. Response Time Monitor - a time during which the matrix of the monitor changes color from white to black and vice versa.The smaller the value, the less "blur" the image, with dynamic changing picture on the screen, for example, in a computer game.If you purchase a monitor for viewing movies or video games, choose a model with a response time of no more than 8 ms (milliseconds).
- connectors. Modern monitors typically support two types of connectors: VGA and DVI.VGA-out for older video cards, DVI-connector more modern.More monitors can be equipped with a HDMI-connector (High-Definition Multimedia Interface).This connector allows you to transfer digital video monitor and a high-resolution multi-channel digital audio signals.
Depending on the challenges facing the monitor, the purchase should also pay attention to the additional opportunities monitor.For example, the built- TV-tuner allows you to view live TV on your computer.Model Monitor with built-in TV-tuner is suitable for your home computer, although for office TV-tuner option to anything.Built-in speakers also can save to buy an additional sound system if you do not intend to use your computer as a home theater.