you decide to get a new computer and want to pick your own equipment.Then, perhaps, be useful to you our tips on what to look for when choosing a motherboard.
motherboard (system) board - a complex multi-layer printed circuit board on which the chip set and other basic components of a personal computer.
When choosing a motherboard is necessary to consider the following characteristics:
- producers pay .The most popular in Ukraine are now motherboard manufacturers is Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, BioStar.
- chipset .The most common chipsets from Intel and AMD.Chipset Intel processors support Intel (Intel Pentium, Intel Celeron, Intel Core 2 Duo and others.), And there are with integrated graphics (G965, Q35, G31, G33, G35, G41, G43, G45) or without (P965, 975X, P31, P35, P43, P45, X38, X48, X58).Chipsets from AMD, respectively, support the processors AMD (Athlon, Phenom, etc).Chipset AMD also be without integrated graphics card (770, 790X, 790FX) or with integrated graphics (690G, 740G, 780G, 780V).
- socket .For processors from different manufacturers require different sockets.For modern Intel processors require motherboard with sockets "LGA775" (Land Grid Array, Socket 775) or "LGA1366" (Socket 1366) processors for AMD - "Socket AM2", "Socket AM2 +" or "Socket AM3".
- Number of slots and the type of memory supported .In various motherboards usually 2, 3 or 4 slots (slots) for slats RAM.Today there are three types of memory: DDR DDR2 and DDR3.Popular strips of DDR2 at 667, 800 and 1066 MHz and DDR3 1066, 1333, 1600, 1800 and 2000 MHz.Also note that DDR3 memory will not run on the board only supports DDR2.
- Number of PCI Express x16 slots for graphics cards .For "normal", non-fiction, PC configuration, often enough one card and one slot PCI Express x16 (for older video cards needed connector AGP).If the configuration PC must be 2 or 3 graphics card, you should choose a motherboard with an appropriate amount of connectors PCI Express x16 (and socket motherboard must support operation with 2 or more graphics cards).
- Number of PCI Express x1 slots and PCI expansion card .If you plan to connect to your PC modem, TV-tuner, a network card, then try to trim a motherboard with an appropriate number of slots PCI Express x1 or PCI (ie, in this case 3).
- built-in sound and network cards .Modern motherboards usually have built-in and sound and network cards.If you want to install on the motherboard or a different audio network card, select a motherboard without these embedded boards.
- Form Factor .The form factor of the motherboard - it is a standardized size, type, and attachment to the order of her sockets and circuits.To modern form factors include: ATX (see 30,5h24,4), microATX (see 24,4h24,4), Flex-ATX (22,9h20,3 cm).
give an example of deciphering the names of the motherboard.As an example, take the MB GA-EP31-DS3L ATX and decipher its name.
So, MB - main board - tells us that the device is a motherboard.
GA - the name of any motherboard Gigabyte.
P31 - the name of the chip set (on it we can determine which processors support this motherboard).
E - Dynamic Energy Saver.Now the user can reduce CPU power consumption by up to 70% with one mouse click without sacrificing PC performance.
S3 - means that the payment relates to a series of S, we have a different mind (Smart), speed (Speed) and safety (Safe).Three words on the letter S may be replaced by a combination of S3.
D - solid capacitors.
L - refers to the word "Lite" (lightweight, simplified).
ATX - indicates the name of the form factor.It should be noted that this transcript name is only suitable for the production of motherboards Gigabyte.Other manufacturers label their products differently.