central processor (CPU - Central Processing Unit) - «brain» of the personal computer.It is responsible for all manufactured computer calculations and data processing.Choosing a good processor - not an easy task.So we want to share with you tips on how to choose a processor and what its characteristics to look for.
Among the manufacturers of processors Palm leader belongs to two companies Intel and AMD.
Key Features CPU:
- clock speed .Processor clock speed - the speed at which the processor performs the operation.The clock frequency is measured in hertz (Hz), and the higher it is, the better the performance of the processor.Clock speed of modern processors than 2-3 GHz (gigahertz).
- number of processor cores .Modern processors no longer have a single core and two, three, four, six or more nuclei.For home PCs, which do not require very high performance is quite single- or dual-core processor (it's enough to work with documents, multimedia files, many three-dimensional toys).Processors with more cores are needed for "gaming" PC configurations or professional work with 3D-models.
- data transfer rate of the system bus (system bus frequency, FSB).The higher the frequency of the bus, the higher processor speed (data transfer rate to and from the processor).The frequency of buses is modern processors 800/1066/1333 MHz.
- system cache size .The processor cache - a high-speed memory that is used for temporary storage of program code and data.Appeals to the on-chip cache occur without wait states, because it operates at a frequency of the processor.The larger processor cache, the CPU performance.
- socket .Socket - a socket, which is inserted into the processor on the motherboard.Names on the processor socket on the motherboard should match.
- set .Modern processors can be sold in two trim levels: BOX and TRAY.BOX means that the processor is supplied with the cooling unit (cooler) and TRAY - that is supplied only by the processor, without a cooling device.
give an example of the decryption processor markings.For example, take Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz / 6MB / 1333MHz S775 BOX :
Processor manufacturer - the company Intel.
E - indicates the type of energy.Type E - standard desktop type power (55 to 75 W).
number of processor cores - 2 (as evidenced by the model name Core 2 Duo).
Processor clock speed - 3GHz.
Bus Speed (FSB) - 1333MHz.
system cache size - 6Mb.
kit - BOX (there is a cooling device in the kit).