Most modern laptops are equipped with web cameras.Very convenient: no need to connect anything further, the main thing that was the Internet - and you can communicate via video with friends and acquaintances.But it so happens that the webcam stops working.Why is this happening and what to do in such a situation?
problem with the web camera can be both software and hardware.Software problems are associated with the software, the hardware - from "stuffing" your laptop.First you need to check the version of a software problem: such problems can usually be solved independently.In the case of hardware problems have to carry a laptop in for repair.
Webcam not included
most banal reason: is a webcam is turned off, and the need to simply turn on the webcam.Some laptops need to press the Fn key and one of the function keys F1-F12 (usually F10 or F6, it can be found on the icon near the keys or instructions to the laptop).
driver is not installed on webcam
then check if the driver for the webcam.For exampl
- To check drivers, go to the Device Manager in the Control Panel and locate the list of the webcam.
- If the camera is not present, then the system does not see it.If the camera is there, but on the contrary it is a yellow question mark, you need to remove the driver, and behind it - the device.
- to remove the driver, right-click on a line with a webcam and then click Properties.
- In the properties of the equipment need to go to the Driver tab and click the Remove button.If the system asks for confirmation to delete, press OK.
- When the driver is removed, remove the device (right-click on the device - Delete) and then restart the notebook and install the driver on the web camera.
- If bundled with the laptop was "native" driver disk, you can try to install a driver for Web camera with him.
- If the disc is not present, you need to go to the website of the manufacturer, select your model of notebook and the operating system, download and install the driver.
Swing driver you need from the manufacturer, not the suspicious warez portals!Choose the driver for your particular version of the OS, drivers for Windows XP to Windows 7 is unlikely to help.
If you have multiple drivers, select the freshest and start to try with it - perhaps in a previous version of the driver has been some mistake, eliminated in the new version.But sometimes it happens and so that just as there are new versions of any defects that are not in the old ones.Therefore, if you are installing a new version of the driver does not work, try installing an older (before that, of course, remove previously installed, the installation of one driver over the other is unlikely to be effective).As
after installing the drivers to check whether earned a webcam?If your operating system is Windows XP, you will most likely be able to find the camera directly to the My Computer window.In some models of notebooks when installing the drivers installed and a special tool to work with web cam, you need to run this utility.
If the camera you can not find anywhere else, and special utility - also install Skype or any other program that involves working with the camera, and then test the camera with it.
If reinstalling the driver does not work, the reason webcam laptop may not work for hardware reasons.Two main reasons: it is breaking the camera itself or breaking the loop connecting the camera to the motherboard.In both cases, you will only be able to help in the service center.We recommend that you include the first laptop to diagnose and find the preliminary cost of repair: maybe cheaper and easier to buy an external webcam that connects via USB, built-in than to repair.
When not working webcam notebook, do not panic.In most cases it is possible to do "little blood" - reinstall the drivers.