The easiest way to set up the network between Windows 7 and Windows XP - buy a router.However, the router would cost more than a standard network cable, besides, if you urgently need to transfer files from one computer to another, this option does not suit you.Therefore, in many situations easier independently configure the network between Windows 7 and Windows XP.
network configuration you need network cable (twisted pair cable, patch cord) .How to compress the twisted pair, we have already told in the article "How to set up a network between two computers?".Despite the fact that many modern network cards recognize the direct link and can perform auto-tuning, it is better to compress the cable crossover.Setting up a network between Windows 7 and Windows XP begins with the connection setting
- Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties in the context menu.
- Click the Computer Name - where you can see your computer's name and workgroup name (the default - workgroup).
- If you want to change the computer name or workgroup, click Change .It is desirable that the computer name has been written in Latin letters and no spaces.
- Right-click on the My Network Places icon and select Properties .You need to choose the network connection (the default of its name - the Local Area Connection).Right-click on the network connection icon, select Properties .
- In the dialog box, select Internet Protocol (TCP / IP) , then click Properties .In the Properties window, you will need to enter the IP-address (for example, 192.168.1.1.) And subnet mask - 255.255.255.0.Do not forget to save your changes by clicking on OK .
- Select the folder that you want to "share the" (made available to the computer with Windows 7).To do this, right-click on the desired folder and then click Properties .In the dialog box, select the Access tab , and in it - click the Share this folder .It also set the level of access - to change or read-only data.
now proceed to configure the network connection on the computer with Windows 7 .
- Go to the Control Panel ( Start - Control Panel ).You need a point System and Security , and in it - point system .Here you can see the computer name, workgroup name and domain name.
- To change the name of the workgroup or computer, click Modify (she was right).It is better if the workgroup names are the same in both the computers and the names of the computers themselves - not.
- Go to Control Panel and select Network and Internet , and in it - Control Center Network and Sharing .The sidebar will point Change adapter settings , select it.There must be a shortcut called Local Area Connection .If it is gray and signed Disabled , right-click and select Enable .Then, in the shortcut menu shortcut, select Properties .In the dialog box, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) , again click on Properties of .Enter the IP-address (192.168.1.2.) And subnet mask (255.255.255.0), save the changes.
- Return to Control Center Network and Sharing , in the lower left corner is a link - HomeGroup , click on it.In the resulting window, click on the link What is the location in the network?.In the settings window network location you need to select the location of the network Unidentified network - Select Home network .Then a window will appear to configure shared folders - you can skip this step, removing all the checkboxes and clicking Next .The password for your home group is also not necessary to configure, simply click on the Finish .
- reenter Control Center Network and Sharing , on top of the left column, click on the link Change advanced sharing settings .Current profile should be home or work .In this profile, get the last item ( Connections homegroup ), set the switch to Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers , save the changes, log out and log back ( Start - Shutdown - Logout).
To completely configure the network between Windows XP and Windows 7, go to the Explorer and rassharte folders on your computer with Windows 7. To do this, click on the folder, right-click, select the menu item Sharing , it - Specific people .Here are selected accounts Windows 7, through which you can connect to your computer with Windows XP.Click Sharing .
Done!Please note only two nuances:
- Since the connection type "computer to computer" is not typical for Windows 7, after rebooting the OS can arbitrarily change the profile on the social network.To change it back to the home network, repeat Step 4 instructions.
- For access from Windows XP to Windows 7, use the account and password for Windows 7 authorization, and vice versa.Accounts must have a password.