Many believe that to create an internet radio is very difficult, because to create it will need a powerful and expensive server software.This is partly true - if you want to create a commercial online radio to a wider audience. However, if your goal - "Chamber" station for a narrow circle of listeners , you can avoid serious spending.
To create an internet radio, you'll need a fairly powerful computer (without a "tricked out" server can do, but the "typewriter" Buda enough), wide Internet channel and specialized software.There are various programs to create an internet radio, we will talk about creating an online radio station the example thresh free Shoutcast .
based on your radio station will be popular music player Winamp, and you need t
complete list of the server settings can be found at shoutcast.com, let's talk about the basic settings. you should enter three basic parameters :
- PortBase: port on which the server will run (defaults to port 8000, it is best not to change, if you free);
- MaxUser: the maximum number of users who can simultaneously listen to the radio;
- Password: password for the remote administration server, we recommend to choose the more difficult combination.
Now install SHOUTcast Plug-in and run Winamp .Go to the options of the player, scroll to DSP / Effect, then - Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP.Click Configure active plug-in.In the Settings window, click the Output tab and activate the option, Connect at Startup and Automatic Reconnection on Connection Failure.
Then fill in the following fields:
- Address - IP-address of the computer on which the server (if the server is on the same computer, type 127.0.0.1 or Localhost);
- Port - Port (taken from the server settings);
- Password - password (taken from the server settings).
All other settings is the default and leave tab Encoder .This sets the type of audio codec, audio bitrate and broadcast mode (mono or stereo).You can save up to five groups of settings and switch between the two groups, depending on the bandwidth and the number of listeners.
In tab Input configured that will be transmitted on the air: the music or the music and the voice.To transfer music only from the dropdown list select the option Winamp, to transfer music and voice - Soundcard Input. for Soundcard Input the following options:
- Open Mixer - brings up a window system mixer;
- Push to Talk - enables the ability to simultaneously broadcasting the music and voice from microphone, "sticking" it activates the option button Lock;
- Music Level - volume of the music;
- BG Music Level - volume of the background music when the microphone;
- Mic Level - the microphone volume;
- Fade Time - decay time (change in volume during the activation and deactivation mode Push to Talk).
configure the plugin, start the server, in Winamp, click the Output tab, and then click Connect.To check, were you able to create an internet radio, enter in the address bar the following address :
If you open page SHOUTcast server tracks the stories and the current status of the server, you all came. To listen to the radio, click on the link or add Listen to the player address [http: //: /listen.pls].
Note that if you want to give a friend a link to listen to your radio, as the address of the server you want to use IP-address of your computer on the Internet (or local network, if your listeners with you in one network), IP addressLocalhost / 127.0.0.1 they not enter the station page!
If you want, to create your radio has been available not only to selected users, but also to all the Internet , you need to click on the tab Yellowpages Output.If you activate the option Make this server public, on the home page came shoutcast.com information about your station.But to do this in the settings Yellowpages need to enter the station description, genre of music, contact information DJ.
is also possible to create Internet radio using the online management system radio , for example, radio-tochka.com, radiocms.ru, radiostyle.ru.You create an account on the site and you dressed a certain amount of disk space on the server and channel a certain width.You can download and stream your favorite music, as well as to live esters from your computer.
As you can see, create an internet radio is not too difficult .A little patience - and you can try yourself as a radio DJ.