Red currant - a very useful and tasty berry.Its medicinal properties capable of providing protection for the body against colds and flu.For year-round to enjoy the taste of currant, we propose to make preparations for the winter.
recipe red currant jelly
this incredibly delicious dessert is sure to impress both children and adults.No shops jelly can not be compared with the home and completely natural!It can have a tea, spread on bread or add to a variety of desserts.In addition, the jelly is very easy to cook.Follow our instructions below.
- red currants - 500g
- sugar - 500 g
Method of preparation:
- Prepare in advance cans and lids.
- loop through the berries and clean them from the leaves, stalks and twigs.We need very ripe and juicy fruit, bright red color.Put the berries in a sieve and rinse well with water several times.Wait until the excess moisture has completely flows.
- already dried up currants put into a separate container and ceilings tolkushkoy.Then fold gauze cloth in several layers and pass through it potolchennye berries.The resulting mixture strain.For these manipulations is convenient to use a juicer.You must obtain separate the juice and cake, peel and discard.In the resulting juice pour the sugar and stir until sugar is completely melted.Can interfere with a whisk or electric mixer.
- Pour the jelly into jars.Keep cold.
Red currant contains pectin and therefore to make the jelly is not needed gelatin or thickener.The largest number of pectin account for such varieties: Asya Orlovchanka, summer gift, Valentinovka, Gazelle, Yuterborgskaya.
We have prepared several interesting recommendations:
- can cook berry jelly Multivarki.To do this, loop through, wash and dry the berries.Then press them in a juicer or through cheesecloth.To make it easier to drain currant, slightly boil it and let it juice.Pour the juice and put in multivarku mode "Quenching" for 20 minutes, and then turn on the "Heating" for one hour.After cooking, pour the finished jelly for banks and can a;
- redcurrants well with oranges, strawberries, gooseberries and raspberries.To make jelly from several berries, just squeeze the juice of selected fruit and mix together.Then do it all with a prescription.However, do not forget that sugar in this case will take longer;
- if currants lot of pectin, the juice turns into a jelly the next day.If less, the thickening process may take 3-4 weeks;
- remember that water reduces the percentage of pectin and juice can not zazhelirovatsya;
- if your brand currant contains very small amount of pectin, it is possible to correct the purchased pectin in the bag.It is also sold in supermarkets sugar mixed with pectin;
- currant jelly becomes fragrant, if you add the spice.It would be the best cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg;
- of cake left after straining can be cooked compote or freeze in the winter;
- to the contents of banks are not moldy over time, use the "grandmother" way: in a deep dish, pour a little vodka, rinse it in the usual cover of the banks and cut along its diameter circle of parchment.Wet parchment in vodka and put on a jar of jam or jelly roll up.
Help yourself to health dietary useful, aromatic and amazingly delicious sweets!