What do people do when there is a need to restore the lost information of various character , or just find out the socio- relevant information (this may be data on relatives, obtaining copies of lost documents , the recovery of information on the work , awards , location of people or institutions and other background information ) ? Of course, refer to the archive . However, to do this , it is important to know exactly what the file you need, and how to make a request to the archive . This is what we discuss in this article .
Let's start with the fact that the archive is a public ( at least - private ) agency , which under certain conditions to ensure maximum safety , official documents are stored . This archive is not only engaged in custody, but also provides the information available as public authorities and citizens.
Archiving appeared in ancient times. This is evidenced by historical findings, confirming that all the civilizations that have achieved a certain level of development, were pub
Today, the archives are being funded by regional and departmental lines. This means that documents stored in them , which pass the organization , and the information relates to a specific area ( region , city, district) , or department , such as the Department of Defense ( which also has a central and regional archives ) .
All archives are divided into:
- federal government, state, current and historical;
- Municipal and city;
- public, private, community.
Make a request to the archive on the receipt of certain information can be both private individuals and organizations, and governments ( such requests tend to have the character of a service ) and those living abroad ( such requests are called consular ) .
In addition, the files do not always ask for information relating to a specific individual, often inquire as historical documents. This is done by those who need them to their activities, such as writers, writers and scientists. Archival documents are often used when writing theses or research papers. In the case when documents are needed for writing a research paper, except passports and apply for their provision will also require that a document from the organization where the applicant is studying or working, confirming his status and the subject of the work.
Where it is necessary to address?
Often, going to seek any documents or information from the archives, people do not know exactly where they need to address. It all depends on what exactly you are looking for. For example, to obtain general civic information (date, place of birth, death, marriage) may be in the archive of the district registrar. But here it is necessary to take into account that the district archive documents are kept a maximum of seventy-five years old, so if you are interested in older information will have to turn in the regional archives registry office where all documents are transmitted from the regions. If we are talking about the restoration of records in the workbook, you should contact the departmental archives, for example, the Russian State Military Archive (in the case of military or civilian personnel) or territorial archives in those towns or areas where the enterprise is located, on which working people. For information about the sailors should contact the Central Naval Archives. If you are looking for information about someone, but do not know where to start searching for information, it is best to apply to the district or city archives at the place of intended stay and work of this man.
You can also use the online guide to domestic archives - guides.rusarchives.ru.
Archive searches: classification and deadlines
With respect to the archival requests, they are divided into:
- case - it requests information concerning a particular event, fact or subject;
- genealogy - these requests involve obtaining information that will establish the relationship or to clarify the history of the individual family or genus;
- social and legal - such requests are usually related to the obtaining of information that is necessary for the legitimate rights and interests of persons or organizations; to include social and legal service requests from the authorities , consular inquiries and requests from individuals and legal entities (the latter may relate to health, wages , seniority , military service , education , the use of repression , awards , civil status , etc.) .
Archive searches are performed in accordance with the established procedure , which is clearly stated in the Federal Law №125- FZ " On Archive of the Russian Federation ." This means that from the moment of registration of the request and to receive a response may take thirty days. This period may be extended by decision of the archive , but not more than an additional thirty days. At the same time employees of the archive , which made the request shall notify the applicant of the extension of the execution of the request .
But there are times when people , not understanding, submit a request to the wrong address . In this case, it will be recognized as non-core and shipped as belonging to another file within five days of receipt . This archive workers must notify the applicant of the forwarding of the request and specify the address of another archive .
We make inquiry
To make a request to the archive , you must make an application in a free form as strict requirements on this issue does not exist (although some institutions offer applicants a form ) . But there are several points that must be reflected in the document. Thus, in the " cap" ( it is written in the top right corner of the page ) indicate :
- This request is sent (you can specify the name of the organization and name of its head);
- Name and address of the applicant;
- telephone number of the applicant;
- reference number, details of the institution, legal address (these data are added if the request is a legal entity).
This is followed by the name of the document: "Statement", but can also be written as follows: "On receipt of the archival inquiry."
- about the request (here it is important clearly, specifically and clearly explain the essence of the issue, as well as specify the time and territorial limits, which are very important, for example, when searching for relatives);
- the reason for which the information is sought;
- address to which the response should be sent a request (which may be e-mail);
- the date of the request;
- physical signature of the person responsible or the Executive Director of the institution (if the request is submitted by an organization).
How do I request?
The request can be submitted to the archive in several ways: in person ( bring an application and register by providing your passport ) , sent by registered mail with notification via the Internet (in the latter case, the e-mail address will receive notification from the archives of the receipt of the request) .
What issue archives?
In response to a request for an archive or archive issues a certificate , which contains information relating to the subject of the request or with the extraction extract archive content archiving the original document or an archival copy of the requested document.
And if the information requested is not in the archive, the applicant will receive a letter, which will set out the reasons for the lack of documents and recommendations for further action.
If you need to track down relatives to recover lost birth certificate, or to study historical documents for his thesis, you just need to make a request to the archive, write a good statement.