There is an expression " of course, how to brush your teeth ." Like, brushing your teeth - this is the default so commonplace activity that can serve as a reference standard. But this is a toothbrush and toothpaste , but flossing is not accustomed to it. I'm sure many do not even thought about how to use dental floss or even held it in his hands , choosing to store more than the usual devices for oral hygiene. Although in many situations, use Flossing is just easier than messing around with a brush .
What is dental floss?
The toothbrush is indispensable, but not perfect. The design of the brush, normal or improved, the tr
Typically, the dental floss is packed in a small case that fits easily in a small purse or even in a pocket . Inside the case is rolled floss tight roll , and the output from the case is built a little cutter, which separates your desired number of threads. For best cleaning interdental dental floss is made with different diameters and different cross-sectional shapes :
- Round dental floss suitable for normal and wider gaps between the teeth.
- Flat dental floss designed to narrower intervals between the small and / or tightly pressed against each other teeth.
- Dental floss, variable volume when wet, packaged fine, but becomes wider when it wets the saliva in the mouth.
- Waxed dental floss by a surface covered with wax, easily penetrates between the teeth and slide without damaging the gums.
- Menthol dental floss, like toothpaste or chewing gum freshens breath and leaves a pleasant aftertaste in your mouth.
- Fluoridated dental floss helps prevent tooth decay and strengthens tooth enamel in the most vulnerable places.
How to brush your teeth and use dental thread
Use dental floss requires a certain skill , time and privacy , it can not be " quietly " clean teeth as a toothpick. But it is clean and much better, and even in the presence of menthol flavor does not irritate the digestive system , like chewing gum . And to master the use of dental floss is not difficult :
- Remove from the case section of dental floss length of 30-40 cm, cut it off.
- Take the length of the thread with both hands and wrap the ends in the index fingers of both hands as long as the distance between them is reduced to 3-4 cm. Secure the thread with your thumbs, holding it between them and index.
- This small gap is "working" section of floss.
- Another option is placing the filament floss between the teeth - in the form of loops or the letter "C", that is, immediately on both sides of the tooth.
- Moving from tooth to tooth, clean all interdental spaces.
- Do not rush and do not make sudden movements, so as not to cause injury.
- With regard to the direction of movement when flossing are no definitive recommendations , the main thing not to miss areas of the gums . Some dentists give special " Town Plan " right direction flossing , which sometimes can be found in packages of floss or where they are sold.
- When cleaning is finished, remove the floss vertical movement from the bottom up (for the lower number of teeth) or down (for the upper row of teeth).
How often to use dental floss?
Learn how to use dental floss is not too difficult - the main thing not to forget about it and apply regularly. And this question , too, if you are new : how often can and should use dental floss ? Firstly, as we have seen , dental floss does not replace the toothbrush , and therefore does not eliminate the need to brush your teeth toothpaste morning and evening. Secondly, there are clearly defined rules of flossing :
- Dental floss is used daily as food particles get stuck and plaque is formed in the interdental space every day.
- It is desirable to use dental floss after every meal.
- If during the day you can not or do not want to use dental floss, clean the floss at least once a day, in the evening, after the usual brushing.
To get used to using dental floss , dental floss to select palatable impregnation. As for the wax coating , then started to use waxed floss , eventually go on unwaxed . She did not go as smoothly glides , but cleans better.
Wearing braces entail many limitations. In particular, there is an stereotype that it is impossible or even forbidden to clean floss your teeth with braces . In fact, it is quite possible , and even recommended by dentists . For additional bits of food stuck between your teeth , not only , but also for braces , which absolutely can not be tolerated. To use flossing with braces , have to try :
- Unroll and cut the number you need to floss.
- One end segment on the index finger, and the second, between the free end of the thread the gum and braces.
- The second hand on the end of the thread and gently pull to clear the space between the teeth.
- To clean floss all your teeth, you have to remove the thread each time and again pass through it under the base of the bracket.
- The main thing in this process - not to hurry, not to damage any of the gums, or braces.
Brushing your teeth properly and floss needed , though unusual. But once started , you soon get used , and dental floss will be for you as usual , like a toothbrush . And the sooner you start flossing - the better to preserve the integrity and whiteness of tooth enamel because it suffers the most is at the point where the teeth. you health and a dazzling smile!